Calling all high school seniors in Burbank! In case you haven’t heard, scholarship season is here and we’re awarding two (2) students each a UMe Super Awesome Scholarship.
When we say “super awesome,” what do we mean by that? The answer is: a couple of things!
We think that our members are super awesome — so we created one of the highest dollar amount scholarships around, making it super awesome for U!
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Be a senior enrolled in a high school in Burbank, California
- Be a UMe member with an account open in their name before February 1st, 2024
- Must be accepted into an accredited college (an acceptance letter is required)
- Must be able to tell us what makes you…U! (A.K.A. write a personal essay)
To qualify for the UMe Super Awesome Scholarship, you must have a UMe account for at least three months before applying. That means if you don’t have a UMe account already, you’ll need one by February 1, 2024. Opening a UMe account with us is super easy — just give us a call or visit our lobby and one of our UMe Team Members will take care of you.
Here are a few details you should know if you plan to apply (or if you’re a parent or guardian reading this and plan on politely forcing your kid to apply):
- We will award two (2) Burbank high school seniors a $2,500 scholarship each. The winners will receive $2,500 in their name to use towards any higher education expenses.
- The applicants must be accepted into a junior college, accredited college or university, public or private, offering academic or vocational courses leading to secondary education.
- Personal essay must be typed in a legible font and submitted along with the completed application by May 1, 2024. No late submissions will be accepted.
UMe Insider Tip: We want to know what makes you… uniquely you! You’re probably writing a lot of these “personal statement” type essays right about now. This essay should look nothing like those other ones. Have fun. Be creative. This essay should show off your unique personality. The prompt is simple: Tell us about U!
Ready to get started? Click here to access our Super Awesome Scholarship application:
Disclaimer: U matter to Me (all of us) at UMe — and that’s why we do our best to deliver helpful information on our blog. Please note the following: (1) UMe Credit Union works hard to make certain that the information we post here is as accurate as humanly possible. But as you know, information can change and evolve quickly. While we try to update the blog on a regular basis, the content of some older posts may not be correct or up-to-date. (2) Some destinations on the World Wide Web that we link you to will exist on external websites. UMe Credit Union does not officially endorse any connected sites, nor do/did we compensate or get compensated by any entities to be featured in our posts (unless otherwise noted). (3) Everyone’s situation is unique and we advise you to consult with our personal bankers or your finance, tax, or legal professional for advice individualized to you!