Here at UMe, we respect your online privacy and the security of your personal information greatly — because U matter to Me! The following Online Privacy Notice has been created to inform you about our website and online information privacy practices, the types of information we collect, how we use this information — and to assure you that we keep very strict security procedures to protect you and your information.
- covers your interaction with UMe Credit Union, its affiliates, and companies engaged by UMe and its affiliates to render online services when you visit any mobile or online site or application that we own, including, but not limited to, our website (umecreditunion.com) and our mobile apps (“sites”);
- describes the categories of personally identifiable information (“personal information”) that we may collect about you when you interact with or visit our sites;
- describes the categories of other persons or entities with whom we may share your personal information;
- discloses whether other parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our sites;
- describes the way you can review and request changes to any of your personal information that we collect;
- discloses how we respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other opt-out mechanisms;
- discloses if we engage in the collection of your personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites;
- makes clear that no action on your part is needed.
What Information Do We Collect?
Aside from collecting smiles from happy members and Best of Burbank awards, we collect personal information — and only as allowed by law. We take your privacy very seriously and make the safeguarding of your personal information a top priority. Use of the internet makes it possible for other parties to collect data about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you use our sites.
We may collect personal information when you enter data into an application for new products or services or when you use our products and services. Personal information may include your name, UMe account number, home or other physical address, Social Security Number, telephone number, and email address. Additionally, our Sites may collect certain electronic data, such as your geolocation, IP address, and device identifier.
The UMe Mobile App periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information to enable features that prevent fraudulent card use and send alerts, but only if you expressly authorize collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the app is being used or not at all, depending on your selection. You can change your location permissions at any time in your device settings.
With Whom Do We Share the Information We Collect?
Keeping Your Information Up-To-Date and Accurate
It is important that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you. If you notice that your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us at (818) 238-2900 or visit us at our branch. You can also review and request changes to certain personal information such as your email address, mailing address, and telephone number by logging into online banking and sending a secure message through our message center.
We may change our policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means, such as by posting the revised policy on this page with a new “last updated” date. Any changes to our policy will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.
How You Can Control Your Information
When you provide your sign in credentials to your UMe account(s) to a third party, you will be deemed by us to have authorized all transactions or actions initiated by that third party using the access information you provided, whether or not you are aware of the specific transaction or action.
If you decide to revoke the access authority you previously gave to a third party, we strongly recommend that you change your UMe password(s) to ensure that the party cannot continue to access your account. For security and other reasons, UMe reserves the right to block or disable third-party access to any account without notice.
Additional information on our banking terms and conditions can be found in our Mobile Banking, Online Banking, and Bill Pay Terms and Conditions, available in our online banking portal.
UMe Credit Union
P.O. Box 7767
Burbank, CA 91510-7767